Residents Combat Rising Energy Costs

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Park resident Nick L. Back takes NYSEG to task...




With the cost of living continuing to rise, more people are looking for alternatives to paying high utility bills.

I spoke this week with Mr. Back and asked him how he is handling the budget crunch.

"The way I figure it, every minute my clothes dryer runs it's draining my checking account. And with the days growing longer and warmer I have access to more and more free drying." said Back.

On Tuesday, Mr. Back installed a new pulley clothesline. The new clothesline looks like many others you might see while driving around the southern portion of Seneca County. It runs from the side of the Back's house to a tree in the side yard with a large pulley on either end. Mr. Back told me he found the necessary hardware at a local Amish store. "And the rope was just something I found lying around."

"There might be some up front expense, but after that the breeze is free," he said. "And I like free!"

Reporting for Lakeview News, I'm Ben Baroque



0 opinions on this story:

Money Saving Tips from a friend

Cha-Ching on a Shoestring

  © Blogger templates Newspaper II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP